The San Jose State University MST Program sponsors four conferences annually for tax professionals. Each is described below. For the agenda of upcoming conferences and registration, please visit http://www.tax-institute.com .
- Tax Policy Conference
- This all day program is held on a Friday in February or early March.
- A current federal or state tax policy matter is addressed by tax professionals, legislative staff, economists and academics.
- Co-sponsored by TEI Santa Clara Valley Chapter and the California Bar Taxation Section's Tax Policy Committee.
- IRS/SJSU Small Business Tax Institute
- This all day program is held in June.
- Program topics address key tax rules and procedures to practitioners serving small business clients.
- Panels include representatives from the IRS and state agencies as appropriate.
- Co-sponsored by the CalCPA Silicon Valley Chapter and the California Bar Taxation Section's Young Tax Lawyer Committee.
- TEI/SJSU High Tech Tax Institute Academy
- This all day program is held on a Friday in late October.
- Five topics tied to the TEI/SJSU High Tech Tax Institute (see next) are covered in a nuts and bolts manner to provide an opportunity for practitioners with 1 - 5 years experience get more out of the Institute or just advance their high technology tax knowledge.
- TEI/SJSU High Tech Tax Institute
- This 2-day conference is held on a Monday-Tuesday in November.
- Cutting-edge tax topics of relevance to high tech companies are covered by experts from around the globe.
- This institute has been around for over 25 years (2013 is its 29th year).
- Co-sponosred by the TEI Santa Clara Valley Chapter.